What Else Is Good?
- Gustavo Dudamel - Dvorák: New World Symphony, Fourth Movement
- The Big Music Theory (9.2) - Skipping a Beat: Yoshihisa Hirano and Hideki Taniuchi’s Death Note Original Soundtrack
- Neon Indian - Polish Girl
- Shinichi Osawa - Main Street Electrical Parade
- Lawrence Hong - VLOG Soundtrack
- Journey Soundtrack - Apotheosis
- The Big Music Theory (9.1) - Skipping a Beat: Arcade Fire's The Suburbs
- Phantogram - Don't Move
- Artist Highlight: Genki Sudo (World Order)
- Artist Highlight: Arvo Pärt
- Lawrence Hong - Sun Tiger
- Lawrence Hong - Tetsumai (鉄舞)
- Article: Trust Me, It Gets Better
- Puma Clever little Bag Commercial
- John Adams 2011 Juilliard Commencement Speech
(hiphopfoxtrot: one word with no anchored connection to either genre of music or dance, occasional moniker of Boston-based artist Lawrence Hong)
A place for the music lovers to have their sick affairs. I talk about music theory and what really ticks, drives, and grooves. I share what my day's like at the Berklee College of Music. Sometimes I just post up new songs and artists that I discover and like. And some day I'd like to fill this site with my own portfolio on the side.
Basic genre interests are (but not limited to) instrumental, indie, folk, rock, pop, and all things minimalist. You can find articles on song analysis in my continuing series The Big Music Theory, as well as some pretty catchy tunes to add your own Road Trip playlist under Road Trip Mondays.
The site is organized into Pages that filter out posts into four main categories: The Big Music Theory, Audio, Visual, and Text.